DCA Partners is a diversified financial services firm seeking a Private Real Asset Investment Sr. Associate to join its growing team. We are in the process of expanding our clients’ $300M investment portfolio to over $2 billion in the next 18 months—the majority of which will be private real assets oriented investments.
DCA is located in Roseville, CA, just outside of Sacramento at the base of the Sierra Nevada foothills (about 1 hour from both Napa Valley and Lake Tahoe), which is quickly becoming recognized as one of the best places to live on the West Coast.
We are a fast growing, highly entrepreneurial investment firm with approximately 20 investment professionals. Collectively we have helped build and maintain the private equity and private real asset portfolios of some of the most sophisticated institutional and family office investors in the world. This a role for individuals that enjoy of the challenge and will appreciate the career development opportunity to invest $billions in innovative asset classes with a highly collaborative team/environment.
Role and Responsibilities
The Private Real Asset Investment Sr. Associate will provide analytical deal and due diligence support, primarily in one or more of the following areas:
- Equipment leasing/heavy equipment operating companies (e.g., aircraft, railcar, trucking, shipping, construction equipment, logistics and retail hardware, etc.)
- Agriculture, in particular fruit/nut/berry orchards, vineyards, and food processing
- Crossover assets in the food/ag and digital infrastructure value chains (e.g., cold storage, data centers, cell towers, fiber, vertical agriculture, etc.)
The position may entail working on more traditional real estate deals (e.g., multifamily apartments, hotels, etc.), but that is not viewed as a primary role for this particular position.
Key Duties Include
- Identifying, researching, and diligencing GP Sponsor partner candidates in targeted strategies, and working hand-in-hand with them to execute deals
- Conducting full end-to-end market, financial, and due diligence analyses of identified assets/deals
- Perform modeling and sensitivity analysis, identify key deal risk and mitigants
- Analyzing qualitative and quantitative market date to shape investment strategies and due diligence queries
- Working with MDs, VPs, and Analysts on deal teams to recommend and pitch deals to our Investment Committee
- Providing guidance to Analysts in the diligence and execution of analyses
- Analyzing financial and operating data to assess portfolio and individual investment operating performance; identifying areas requiring attention and suggesting remedial action
- Evaluating markets to identify changes and trends and related impacts on real asset values and investment strategies
DCA dedicates a great deal of effort to hire individuals who have a demonstrated track record of outstanding academic and professional achievement. Eligible candidates should have at least 3-7 years of experience post undergraduate degree analyzing quantitative and qualitative investment data, preferably in a private equity or private real assets investment group (either the GP Sponsor level executing direct deals or the LP level executing co-investment deals). Vice President-level candidates will be considered, as well as Associate-level candidates. This is not a position for an entry-level Analyst.
Eligible candidates should also have a demonstrated investment deal experience in one or more of the sub-asset classes listed above (Equipment, Agriculture, or Crossover). Candidates with traditional real estate experience outside of these areas will be considered; however please note that we have largely filled our positions for traditional real estate and this position is focused on these other investment areas.
A Bachelor’s degree is required in accounting, finance, investments, business, economics or related subjects. A Master’s degree or MBA may be a positive indicator of additional achievement and knowledge for the position, but is not formally required. In addition, candidates should exhibit a strong orientation to detail, a willingness to work at an accelerated pace, and strong oral and written communication skills.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Prior experience in the private real assets and/or finance field, in particular one of the sub-asset classes listed above
- Strong quantitative skills and established analytical ability
- Knowledge of real asset accounting and financial statement analysis
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Personal Qualifications and Desired Traits
- Naturally curious. Wants to understand how things work, and the “why” behind the “what”
- Smart. Humble. Kind.
- Self-confident, energetic, and possesses a superb work ethic
- Highly motivated, committed, and responsible
- Intense and unquestionable personal and professional integrity
- Ambitious, yet more interested in a team win than personal stats or recognition
- Organized, diligent, and methodical, yet able to think strategically
- An unwavering commitment to doing whatever it takes to be successful for our clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Professional success and positive professional references
- Willingness to move to our area. This is not a remote position and cannot be effectively executed via Zoom.
Compensation & Culture
- DCA provides a competitive base salary and a lucrative bonus plan that includes participate in our performance incentive pool from our clients. In addition, the firm offers a robust employee benefits and retirement program.
- DCA is a highly collaborative work environment of very smart, talented, and committed people. All team members have the opportunity to play an active role in shaping the firm’s near- and long-term goals and strategy.
- The firm is dedicated to developing its team and providing opportunities for individuals that excel to become Partners in the firm.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please be sure to address the following in the cover letter.
- Past experiences that make you a good match for the position
- Why the position is attractive to you, and what unique skills or attributes can you contribute to the role
- Your connection to the Sacramento/Central Valley/Tahoe region, and why you would like to invest a significant portion of your career/personal time in this area
DCA has three aspects of its business:
- DCA Family Office is working to build out a $2 billion real asset and private equity investment portfolio on behalf of one of its esteemed long-term clients, and will be seeking additional large family office and institutional clients in the near future.
- DCA Capital Partners is a Private Equity firm that partners with existing management teams to help fuel growth in family-owned and other closely held businesses in a broad spectrum of industries throughout the region.
- DCA Partners is Sacramento Valley’s leading Investment Banking firm, providing buy-side and sell-side merger and acquisition advisory services to many of the region’s most prominent and successful companies.
Our firm has earned a reputation of excellence and integrity in the Sacramento business community, earning a Corporate Citizenship Award in 2020 for volunteerism and charitable giving.