DCA IS PROUD TO BE THE PRESENTING SPONSOR OF THE 2015 CAPITAL CUP:
The Ryder Cup began as a simple competition between 20 men in Scotland in 1921, but it has evolved into an intense team competition taking place every two years between the United States and Europe, and has now become the most watched and most revered golf competition in the world. The Ryder Cup is also unique in that players play for regional pride and the good of the sport only: no prize money is offered to the players.
The Capital Cup adapts the historic Ryder Cup format - steeped in tradition – to similarly promote community pride, healthy competition, and raise money for the Sacramento region’s most deserving charities.
Each year executive leaders from the Sacramento region are divided into two Capital Cup teams for an exciting 3-day golf competition. Donors will have the opportunity to support their favorite player (or their favorite charity), as each player is competing to benefit his or her favorite charitable organization.
THE INAUGURAL 2015 CAPITAL CUP RAISED MORE THAN $445,000 FOR 22 CHARITIES!
2015 CHARITIES SUPPORTED:
|3 Strands||Shriners Hospitals for Children|
|The American Cancer Society||Society for the Blind|
|The American Heart Association||Sutter Imaging|
|Bayside Church||Sutter Roseville Medical Center Foundation|
|The Boys & Girls Club of Sacramento||The Trade Foundation|
|Boy Scouts of America||Ticket to Dream|
|Cristo Rey High School||Volunteers of America|
|Easter Seals||The Food Literacy Center|
|The JB Brown Fund||Alzheimer's Association|
|The Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund||Sierra Forever Families|
|The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society||Love INC|
Capital Cup in the Press
- Fox40 Sacramento: 2015 Capital Cup
- KFBK: Curt Rocca on Capital Cup
- Sacramento Bee: High-end shears from El Dorado Hills company make the cut with stylists
- Sacramento Business Journal: Capital Cup Pits Executives in Fundraising Golf Match
- Sacramento Business Journal: New charity golf tournament hoped to raise $150,000. Here's what happened
- Rocklin & Roseville Today: Roseville Capital Investment Firm Helping Raise Money for 24 Charities
- Troon Golf: Sacramento Capital Cup to Open Up Play at El Macero Country Club on October 2
- Society for the Blind: Capital Cup 2015
- Shriners Hospitals: Children will benefit because of Capital Cup Golf Tournament
- Five Star Bank: Capital Cup 2015, Making an Impact for Cristo Rey High School
- River City Bank: Steve Fleming to Participate in Capital Cup Golf Tournament
Thank you for your generous support of the Capital Cup, and for supporting the great philanthropic organizations that positively impact the health, welfare, and culture of our community.
If you would like to be involved with the 2016 Capital Cup, please contact DCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.